Kurt Arnold and Paul Skrabanek of Arnold & Itkin LLP recently filed a lawsuit on behalf of a worker who was injured in an industrial accident. The man was directed to unhook a hose that was filled with pressurized acid. As a result, the man was doused in acid and sustained severe
burns to his legs, thighs and genitals. This case is currently pending in Harris County, Texas. Accidents of this nature are incredibly unfortunate, because they never should have happened in the first place. We are fighting to prove that there was negligence involved that contributed to and caused the incident.
There are certain safety standards in place set up by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, but unfortunately, many times those rules are not adhered to. This worker should never have been directed to unhook this hose. Anywhere hazardous chemicals such as acid are present, extreme caution should be exercised. There is no room for error, and it seems as if negligent supervision contributed to this accident. Also, safety equipment should have been worn at the time to prevent the acid from burning the skin of the worker.
While safety equipment cannot prevent accidents from happening, it can prevent the effect of those accidents from injuring the worker. Too many industrial companies fail to properly train their employees. This man suffered from severe burns which may possibly prevent him from working in the future. Therefore, we are proud to fight on his behalf to see to it that he gets the maximum amount of compensation possible to take care of his immediate physical and emotional needs as well as his future financial needs.