Have You or a Loved One Been Seriously Injured?

Fill out the form for a 100% free injury consultation with our firm.

Submit my information

Compensation for Contract Workers

I'm a contract worker who was injured in a plant accident. Can I seek compensation from the company for my injuries?

As a contractor worker, your agreement may be different from the contracts regarding the employees who are actually employed by a plant. This means that if you are injured while doing your job at an industrial location, you are provided for under a different set of provisions. A contract worker is a person that is hired to perform a specific function in a contractual relationship with another company. Independent contractors are generally considered self-employed.

According to the United States Department of Labor, if a self-employed person is injured or becomes ill while working at a business, company, or location, then the company typically does not need to record the injury or illness. This is because companies are only required to log injuries with the OSHA when the employee injured is on the company patrol as a labor worker, executive, hourly worker, salary worker, part-time worker, seasonal employee, or migrant worker.

If a company supervises employees who are not on the payroll on a day-to-day basis consistently, they may be required to include their injury reports with the OSHA. This includes employees who are from a temporary help service, an employee leasing service, or a personnel supple service. This is because these employees arrive at the same workplace consistently and are under company supervision. There are times when the employee supplier may take responsibility for an injury, so you will want to discuss your specific situation with an attorney at the firm for more information.

You will need to determine whether or not you are considered self-employed before you choose to seek compensation from a company or industrial plant supervisor where you were injured. If you are contract worker, there is a chance that you may need to explore other options for compensation. If you are a contractor's employee, then it is your contractor's responsibility to report your injury and he or she will most likely be liable for any accidents that occur while you are on the job because you are under his or her supervision at the worksite.

Chances are that if you are a contract worker who is injured at an industrial site, you will not be able to file a workers' compensation claim because the people that you were working for on a specific job are not technically your employers. Instead, you will need to file a personal injury claim with the company where the injury happened.

Do not hesitate to contact an industrial injury attorney at Arnold & Itkin today if you want more information.

Client's portion of total recovery may be subject to Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement claims, Medicare/Medicaid liens or other third-party claims or liens. These verdicts and settlements are intended to be representative of cases handled by Arnold & Itkin, LLP. These listings are not a guarantee or prediction of the outcome of any other claims.

Website: www.industrialinjuryattorney.com © 2019 All Rights Reserved.