The personal injury law firm Arnold & Itkin recently filed a wrongful death case on behalf of the estate of a man who died after being exposed to a toxic chemical at a work site. The victim was working at Southern Valve Service, LLC in Deer Park, Texas where he was exposed to hydrofluoric acid. Upon exposure, the victim’s health conditions deteriorated quickly. After having difficulties breathing, he was admitted to the emergency room for treatment, but doctors were unable to save him. Four days after the exposure, he passed away.
The lawsuit was filed on behalf of the victim’s widow and young child. It alleges that Southern Valve Service failed to provide a safe work environment, failed to warn the victim of dangerous working conditions, and failed to recognize that the victim was being exposed to dangerous chemicals.
The plaintiffs are being represented by Kurt Arnold, Caj Boatright, and Kala Sellers.