Have You or a Loved One Been Seriously Injured?

Fill out the form for a 100% free injury consultation with our firm.

Submit my information

Plant Explosion FAQ

What are the most common causes of these plant explosions?

While there are many different causes of plant explosions, it is unfortunate to say that most of these are preventable and can be noted as human error. For example, the failure to follow OSHA safety regulations or to have proper risk management strategies can all cause scenarios that can build up to the actual explosion occurring. In some situations, it may be as simple as failing to get up-to-date equipment.

If I have been injured, what is the first thing that I should do?

The very first thing that you do regardless of anything else is to immediately seek medical attention. Even if you feel "fine," you could be experiencing adrenaline and not be fully aware of your injuries. In some cases, the injuries could manifest weeks later. You need to make sure that you take care of yourself by seeing a medical professional. After that, it is important to get the involvement of a knowledgeable industrial accident attorney to help you assess the situation and determine whether or not you have a claim.

If my spouse suffered PTSD after a plant explosion, do I have a claim?

Not every injury that is sustained from a plant explosion will be physical in nature. Over the years, the true effects of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) have begun to be noticed and have made a significant impact on the community. If your spouse has a severe case of PTSD after an explosion, you could have grounds to file a claim and seek to recover damages. The best way to know for sure is to consult our firm.

Do I have to hire a lawyer that the union recommends to me?

It is entirely possible that after you have been involved in an industrial accident such as this that your union will recommend a lawyer for you to hire. You do not have to work with that attorney. In some cases, this is a helpful referral, but it is not mandatory. "Union firms" get a lot of business by working closely with the unions and their relationship may not be to your advantage. Do your research and hire a lawyer that you're comfortable working with.

Should I see the doctor provided through workers' comp?

In some cases, if you see a doctor other than the one that is chosen by your workers' compensation insurance carrier, your benefits may be terminated or you could be suspended for non-compliance. This, however, is not to say that you cannot seek a second opinion—it may just come out of pocket. To determine the best course of action and what is best for your claim, talk to a lawyer who can explain your state specific laws and how they affect your choice in doctor.

I am experiencing long-term effects. What should I do?

In some cases, toxins that are released from a plant explosion can cause contamination to the groundwater and the dirt in a local community. In these cases, residents can suffer from long-term exposure to possible carcinogens and can later begin to suffer from the effects. If you feel this is your case, it is highly encouraged that you get the involvement of a local attorney to help you pursue a case. This will be complicated because of the complex statute of limitations, but it is not an impossible case to pursue and should be done as soon as possible.

Do not hesitate to contact Arnold & Itkin LLP today to ask any other questions that you may have.

Client's portion of total recovery may be subject to Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement claims, Medicare/Medicaid liens or other third-party claims or liens. These verdicts and settlements are intended to be representative of cases handled by Arnold & Itkin, LLP. These listings are not a guarantee or prediction of the outcome of any other claims.

Website: www.industrialinjuryattorney.com © 2019 All Rights Reserved.